Friday, May 8, 2009

I Rode 70 Miles for This?

You bet! There’s nothing like a well-balanced dinner at the campsite after a long ride. I do have most of the food groups covered, if you include the granola bar not pictured. Just imagine biting into that PBJ on a hot dog bun that has been stuffed into the bottom of one of my bags for about a week.


It just doesn’t get any better than this!

Not much history today – mostly just riding through intermittent rain. This weekend will be more of the same until I get to Oberlin, hopefully sometime Sunday. There is a lot of history there pertaining to the Underground Railroad. I am camping tonight near Fredericktown, hoping the rain holds off so I can get a relatively dry start in the morning.

I really enjoy the comments that many of you have been making. Rex, thanks for the history lesson about the Purple People Pedestrian Bridge in Cincinnati. I don’t have any great pictures to share (as you can tell by the one I took out of desperation) because I had to keep the camera packed away today to keep it dry.

Maybe the sun will make an appearance tomorrow and I can get some good shots. I will continue to blog through the weekend, so check back tomorrow. Enjoy your weekend!

Large versions of all my blog pics can be found at my photo gallery

What Do You Think?

As always we want your thoughts, opinions and feedback. Please use the links below to make a comment or suggestion and to see what others are saying about this subject.

You Don't Have to Register
To have your say, just choose the 'name/url' option and enter a screen name (you can leave the url field blank) or choose the 'anonymous' option on the comment screen.

Show Comments - Make Comment - Hide Comments

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I hope that was your mid-afternoon snack and you have something more substantial for dinner. You must be burning 10,000 calories a day.

Danny Lyons said...

Hey Pat,
Dinner looks great! LOL
The CC bell choir is working on "Balm in Gilead". I understand that you're headed toward Gilead, OH (?), so I hope you find some balm there.

Best wishes,

Danny Lyons

Karen and Bill said...

Hi Pat! Just wanted to let you know Radio Live was fabulous on Thursday. You really missed a great show, it totally rocked with Jennifer, Dromedary, Kevin and the Isles. We kicked in some dough to Help Save Radio Live, I hear they took in almost $1,000 in cash. John said you only have funding through September, I hope you can at least get enough to go through the Christmas show.

Been enjoying the blog and have spread the word and kicked in a pledge for the trip as well.

Keep safe!

The Boneys said...

We hope you had a good breakfast this AM after that "fine" dinner you had last night!Good weather is on the way and Godspeed and happy
trails for the next few days.M and S

Anonymous said...

Hey, Pat,
Mother's Day weather in Oberlin looks good, with a high temp of 63, and a 20% chance of rain. You will have a headwind form the northwest at 15-20 mph. Pensacola is already HOT. I saw a temperature sign flashing 92 today.

The choir will sing Exsultate Justi with the children for Mothers Day. It is that big boomy anthem, at the end of the movie "Empire of the Sun" written by John Williams.

Ride carefully, Fred

Kris Perry said...

Are you taking a side trip to Oak Harbor? If you showed up at Cathy and Paul's, you could get chased by a dozen dogs (including those scrappy Doobie Bros.) Speaking of which, what is the current dog count? I'm trying to decide my dog pledge.
Kris